Cheats are fragments in a game which are widely used in immense video gaming. It is incorporated in most games as an additional feature for game enthusiasts to further entertain themselves. Some cheats, like console commands, are integrated as a developer tool to improve and modify the game for a more balanced gameplay. The following methods will give you an idea on how to cheat successfully to create an advantage over ordinary gameplay.
1. Cheat codes, as a feature hidden inside the video game, are one of the basic methods of cheating. It is made by the game developers for the users to have an unusual effect that is not part of the usual game mechanics.
Cheat codes are usually activated by pressing buttons, in a controller, in a certain arrangement or by simply writing a code. Parameters can also be altered in some game through the utilization of game consoles. By this method certain peculiarities (like skins, weapons, gears, etc.) can be unlocked to enhance the player’s game performance.
2. Game save editors, Hex Editors, is another method to transform game data indirectly by modifying the save file. It is an effective technique to alter the run-time data of the game that will be restored when the save file is loaded. With the use of this tool, you can modify your character to acquire certain items, skills, stats, etc.
3. Trainers, memory editing software, directly permit the player to manipulate the numeric values in memory addresses. Software like these usually includes memory searches which allow the player to locate the memory areas of certain values (such as health, experience, or points). With the memory address, a memory editor is used to adjust the data stored at the memory address to increase, decrease, or freeze the memory address’ value.
4. Code injection works by changing the course of execution of the game. It modifies the game executable code while the game is running. It is more advanced than memory editing and may cause the game to crash if not done properly.
5. Walkthroughs are sometimes considered as cheating by some gamers. Using walkthroughs as a step-by-step guide throughout the game is considered cheating and may spoil the entire game.
Cheating may be available in single player games, but game developers prevent it in multiplayer games to ensure a fun and balance gameplay. As much as possible, try to cheat only when you get stuck.